Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Place - somewhat loosely using the word place

This is me...at the end of running 21.1km at the Bluenose Marathon this past May. This was a very happy place for me. The smile looks forced...it is as my whole body was tired, even smiling seemed like too much at the time, but I was sure smiling on the inside!

I started training in October 2007, having never ran before I had a big hill to climb. I ran three times a week, only missing one time from October till the bluenose in May of 2008. I think that's impressive on it's own. I ran a 5km on NYE, 10km in Ottawa in March that my friend flew from Calgary to cheer me on! And then the Half marathon in May! I can't say I love running, but I love that I accomplished something like that...! My true love is swimming and water polo!



6 comments:

  1. Good for you! That's a great mental and physical place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your stamina! I wanted to say "good for you", but Sherrie beat me to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An accomplishment in discipline and endurance. WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Definitely an admirable "place" to be in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite a feat! No wonder you chose it for "place".

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great accomplishment! That would be a very happy place =)

    ReplyDelete